Sunday, May 27, 2012

The Game of Life


The Game of Life



If you’ve ever attended a Little League baseball game, you’ve heard the parents and the coaches encouraging their sons and daughters with shouts of, “Attaway to go! You can do it! Show ‘em your stuff! Come on now!

Hasn’t God, our Father, encouraged us in our game of life with His promises and love? “You can do all things through Christ who strengthens you.” “You’re more than a conqueror.” “Fear not, I am with you.” “Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with your might.” “With God all things are possible.”

We know we have a great cloud of witnesses cheering us on, but I believe our Heavenly Father is also saying, “That’s my boy! That’s my girl. You can do it.” If He knows when even a sparrow falls, and how many hairs are on our head, don’t you think He cares about our every challenge? Next time you face a hard decision or an onerous task in the game of life, think of Jesus who endured so much shame and pain for the joy set before Him. His joy is us—our salvation, our victories, our lives.

So let us run our race with patience, without faltering, or whining for all of Heaven is cheering us on. “Come on, Katy! Come on Brian! Come on Janet! Tom! Brandon! Terry! You can do it! Don’t give up. Don’t quit now. You’re almost here. You’re my girl. You’re my boy.

And to Him be all the glory for a life well-lived and a race well-run

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. (Phil. 4:13 NKJV)

No comments:

Post a Comment